This site uses cookies to help us provide quality services. Using our services, you consent to the use of cookies.

One Flew Over the Honda's Nest

89 One Flew Over the Honda's Nest Geplaatst op: 2005-05-27 09:36:16   Hits: 686

When we visited my father in Cedar City, Utah some years ago, my brother decided he wanted to build a moped like none has been build before. He had a frame, an old SS50 frame, and some miscellaneous parts lying around, like a gas tank and a rear fork. Before we left, he already thought of getting a CT90 or maybe bigger as starter.

Well, after some searching and making a few phone calls, we went to look at a CT110 with a double gearbox that could be worth checking out. I was not prepared for what I saw there. The guy was living in the middle of nowhere, cars where lying about everywhere en occasionally a dead Honda had found his final resting place. The o­ne he had running he sold, because he needed the money. We did not get it cheap.

What we did get cheap was a CB350 frame without an engine and a rear wheel. We bought it from the scrapheap for the nuts and bolts, as well as the wires and the headlight. This deal was made for 3 dollars and the parts that were left we simply returned to the heap.

Please log in or register for free to comment!

Category: